Tarmac and Racebook Re-opening Sunday August 1, 2021
Important Notice: Spectators will be allowed back on the tarmac for Live Racing on Sunday August 1, 2021. The Racebook will also be re-opening for SIMULCASTING on August 1, 2021 (limit of 20 people). Free PDF PROGRAMS are available for download and the races can be watched online via LIVE VIDEO. Georgian Downs is also available for wagering through HPIBET.COM and via all of its simulcast partners locations worldwide.
The racing season continues through July and August 2021. Post times are Tuesdays and Saturdays: 7:15 p.m ; Sundays: 6:00 p.m.
Training days are Thursday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon and continue through to the end of August. Qualifiers are scheduled for Saturdays at 5:30 p.m.
Ontario Racing Enhanced Racing Covid Protocols (as of July 12, 2021)
Downs will be conducting live racing under strict COVID-19 racing
protocols. These base protocols have been developed in collaboration with
our horse people associations,
bodies. All personnel, including Owners,
Trainers, Drivers and Grooms, attending Georgian Downs Racetrack are
required to ask themselves the following questions prior to entering the
property and confirm this action via EITHER ONE of these two forms:
1. QR code within this PDF document: GD Racing Protocols
2. Online questionnaire: https://questionnaire.simplesurvey.com/f/s.aspx?s=544a5b8a-1ac2-46dd-b4cc-8d2dd27e3bbe
Access to the Paddock:
• Only essential personnel for the conduct of training, qualifiers or live racing will be granted access into the backstretch perimeter as determined by posted security personnel.
• There will be the only one point of entry for all racetrack Staff, Regulatory Officials and Racing Participants.
• Only Trainers with an entry will be permitted, unless entering a claim that night. Each entry shall have a maximum of one handler.
• No one under the age of 16 shall be permitted in the paddock.
Post times to be communicated from Race Office. Races will be spaced at a minimum of 25-minute intervals. All horses must report to the Paddock as prescribed by the rules of racing as published by the AGCO. Access will only be granted after a mandatory pre-screening that will include:
• Presentation of applicable AGCO credentials.
• Evidence of a temperature below 100.5 degrees determined by a No Touch Forehead Thermometer.
• Evidence of possession of a personal protective face mask.
• Evidence of possession of a functioning mobile phone device.
• Satisfactory completion of a Covid questionnaire/active screening.
• Providing participants name, e-mail/phone contact.
While in the Paddock:
Racing participants are instructed to get in and get out quickly and efficiently. Horses shall be placed in the paddock to ensure physical distancing is being practiced and all available paddock space will be utilized as well as adjacent stall areas. Masks are mandatory at all times, medical masks recommended for Racing Participants. It is strongly recommended Racing Participants also wear gloves when coming into contact with frequently touched areas such as water taps, cross ties and door latches.
• Given the warmer weather, racetracks should keep entrance doors and windows open for ventilation purposes.
• Handlers of all horses must ensure they are keeping the appropriate distance from other handlers of horses in their respective areas.
• All horses and associated handlers must leave the paddock half an hour following their race, unless the handler is tending to horses in a later race. Horses who have been post-race tested may leave the paddock 45 minutes following their race.
• The drivers locker room, lounge and showers shall remain closed. Drivers are to wear face masks, gloves and social distance at all times, except when racing. Upon the completion of the driver’s last race of the day, he/she should leave the paddock immediately after notifying the Paddock Judge.
• All Communications should be carried out electronically where possible to limit in person contact. There shall be no loitering in or around the entrance to the paddock, all COVID-19 protocols on physical distancing shall be adhered to.
• The AGCO judge’s office in the backstretch will be closed. Contact with the AGCO Judges during a live event will only be through individual mobile phones.
• Shared communication devices are prohibited. In person communication with racing participants will be at the discretion of the designated AGCO judge.
• Paddock kitchens will not be available.
• The Paddock shall be disinfected after each racing, qualifying & training day. Sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the Paddock.
Lasix and CPMA Test Barn Procedures:
• There shall be no loitering in or at the entrance to the test area.
• For pre-race Lasix all handlers must either be outside in an open area practicing physical distancing or waiting in their vehicle until it is time for their horse to report to the Paddock to race.
• Following each race, 2 horses shall be tested. Blood shall be drawn on all test horses after 40 minutes if the horse is unable to provide a urine sample. Track security personnel shall be stationed outside of the test area to ensure all horses and their handlers are entering and exiting the test area in an appropriate fashion.
• Security will also supply anyone entering the test barn a new mask.
• Physical distancing to be practiced at all times. When entering the test barn with a horse, attend the opposite side of the horse away from the technician or follow other local protocols in place.
• Remain vigilant and respectful of the Racing Forensic Technicians at all times.
• Hands sanitized on the way in and way out of the test area.
Track Maintenance/Starting Gate Vehicles:
• All maintenance vehicle cabins are to be disinfected at the start and end of each use.
• No vehicle will accommodate more than one operator and no employee will crossover any assigned vehicle for that event.
• The starting gate vehicle shall be sanitized and cleaned daily.
• Where there is a passenger either in the back seat or passenger seat of the starting gate, a plexi-glass partition shall be installed to maintain proper segregation from the starting gate driver.
• All track vehicle operators will wear medical masks at all times.
• Access to the track maintenance area is strictly prohibited to anyone other than the track maintenance personnel.
Positive Covid Test:
In the event that the racetrack becomes aware that a person who has tested positive for COVID has attended the track, the track in consultation with Public Health will notify all employees and participants who may have been exposed to the affected individual. The track will ensure that the infected person does not re-enter the premises until the person is able to provide evidence of a negative test and clearance from a doctor to return to work. All individuals with potential contact with an infected individual will need to provide evidence of a negative test.
·Download a PDF version of these protocols: GD Racing Protocols
|July 25 2021||SC||Desperate Man, Second Bruiser Prevail In OSS|
|July 24 2021||SC||Five For Harris; "Jessie" Prevails|
|July 18 2021||SC||Millar Farm Fillies Strike In Gold|
|July 17 2021||SC||Fillies Put On Speed Show|
|July 11 2021||SC||Esquire Scores Georgian Upset|
|July 10 2021||SC||Ivana Flyebye First At Georgian|
|July 7 2021||SC||Grassroots Mania At Georgian|
|July 6 2021||SC||Pedro Powers To Preferred Win|
|July 5 2021||SC||Sicario Survives To Score At Georgian|
|July 4 2021||SC||Manhattan Night Motors At Georgian|
|June 29 2021||SC||Preferred Repeat For Bee Two Bee|
|June 27 2021||SC||Jumpshot Jolts Georgian Tote|
|June 26 2021||SC||Sly Eleanor Swift At Georgian|
|June 22 2021||SC||Bee Two Bee Bolts In Georgian Preferred|
|June 20 2021||SC||Northern Royale Rolls At Georgian|
|June 19, 2021||SC||Sly Eleanor Slides Home At Georgian|
|June 15, 2021||SC||Pretty Handsome Pops At Georgian|